Do you love celebrating Valentine’s Day or love to hate it? Obviously, Valentine’s Day has been a controversial holiday for many. But, I’ve personally loved seeing the holiday’s evolution into a more modern and expansive holiday in recent years. I mean, who doesn’t love the invention of Galentine’s Day (thanks, Leslie Knope!)? I like to think of Valentine’s as the perfect time to appreciate those closest to you. For instance, you can send love to your best friends, co-workers, neighbors, teachers, and family members. Heck, why not even love on yourself for Valentine’s Day? The holiday of stale chocolate boxes and stuffed teddy bears is long gone! Since you’re probably feeling stuck on Valentine’s Day gift ideas, I rounded up my favorite ideas for you!
All of the ideas in this list are created and produced by local makers here in Charleston, South Carolina (bonus: they’re all women, too!). While showering your loved ones in gifts you’ll also support local women in business! Let’s get to it!
P.S. I’m also holding a special Valentine’s Day sale in my photography shop for the entire month of February! Take 25% off all pink prints, found here!
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas: Charleston Edition
- Old Whaling Co. Magnolia Bath Bomb & Seaberry Body Butter. I seriously love these body butters and bath bombs. They’re made with super simple ingredients and smell amazing. You can also create your own gift set by bundling products together (and get a discount while you’re at it!).
2. Shop Southern Goods Work Wife Card. Have a work wife that keeps you sane at your job? Send them appreciation with this Shop Southern Goods card! All Valentine’s items are currently BOGO in the shop.
3. Grey Ghost Bakery Espresso Cookies. Need I say more? These cookies are so delicious and the perfect little gift to drop on a friend’s porch.
4. BR Design Co. Tierney/Flaming Heart Earrings. I am obsessed with these heart earrings! Although these scream Valentine’s Day, any of your fashion-forward friends would wear these well past February 14. These sell out quickly, but they’re often restocked with other colorways, like this black pair.
5. Abby Murphy Meeting Street Sisters print. Since my pink-focused photography prints always seem to be my most popular, I had to include my Meeting Street Sisters print! Throughout the month of February, take 25% off all pink prints in my photography shop here!
6. Paige Smythe Studio Ranunculus Print. My friend Paige creates intricate cut-out art of her favorite florals, and I absolutely love this Ranunculus print available at Well+Wonder. The delicate floral pattern coupled with the red gouache layered beneath is the perfect minimalist art for any space.
7. Hart Studio Hell Yes Bracelet. Give the gift of a confidence boost! Use code TAKE10 at checkout for 10% off!
8. Petrichor and Gold Speckle Pot. Handmade pottery is about as unique a gift as you could get. That’s why I love these tiny pots! These are especially versatile; you can use them as salt & pepper pinch pots, air plant vases, or jewelry dishes!
9. Wild Craft Gift card. Wildcraft is the go-to in Charleston for organic beauty and skincare. With so many brands and products to choose from, a gift card is perfect for the person you’re not quite sure what to get. They also offer holistic facials that treat your skin from the inside-out. Yes please!
10. The Tiny Tassel Mamie Clutch. What is more fun than a clutch covered in rainbow beads!? I have been eyeing this one for myself lately…. Get free shipping on orders over $75 with code HAPPYTASSELING.
I hope this Valentine’s Day gift ideas roundup is sending you on your way to become the coolest Valentine’s gift giver ever. February 14 is certainly not reserved for only those attached! What are your favorite ways to show the special people in your life extra love on Valentine’s? Let us know in the comments below! Also, don’t forget to treat yourself on Valentine’s! Try my personal favorite, an at-home spa day!