Who else agrees that going to the spa is the absolute best way to treat yourself? While I would get a facial and a massage every single week if I could, I love having an at-home spa day too! It’s such a fun and inexpensive way to relax and pamper yourself. While there’s no substitute for stepping foot in your favorite spa, creating an oasis at home can get you pretty dang close! In this post, I’m sharing my exact at-home spa day routine and a few tips on how you can create your own!
Spa Day Essentials
Schedule your at-home spa day into your calendar. Whether you want to allot a whole day or an hour, it’s important to carve out the time. It’s all too easy to let other distractions pull you away from your me time, so make sure to honor it. Personally, I love doing a spa night before bed so I drift right into sleep. The great thing about an at-home spa day is that you can customize it completely for you!
You’ll also want to be sure to gather your supplies and treatments ahead of time. You don’t want to be running around the house in your bath towel grabbing things from the linen closet (me, almost every time). Here are a few things I always grab:
- Clean, fluffy towels and washcloths
- DIY treatments (if you want to get fancy, I have a few easy recipes in the steps below)
- Bubble bath or Epsom salts
- A relaxing candle
- Eye mask
- Nail polish and manicure tools
- Flavored water or tea
- Your favorite face products (some of my favorite organic products are this face mask, oil cleanser, and exfoliator)
- Face cleansing brush (using this makes my skin so soft)
- Face steamer (or boil some water, pour into your stopped sink, put a towel over your head, and enjoy the steam!)
My At-Home Spa Day Routine
1. Set the Mood. Once you’ve gathered your supplies, it’s time to set the mood for your spa day! Light a candle, put on a chill playlist, and turn down the lights.
2. Run a Bath. The best way to instantly relax into your at-home spa is a warm bath! Add bubble bath, Epsom salts, or a bath bomb for an extra boost of aromatherapy
3. Meditate. Once your bath is ready, sink in with a meditation (I love the Headspace app). Put on your eye mask and melt away!
4. Relax. After meditating, either just chill in the tub or read a book or magazine. This is a great time to do a DIY exfoliating scrub. I mix together a cup of brown sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of olive or jojoba oil in a mason jar and scrub away!
5. Do the Essentials. Finish off your bath with the necessities: wash your hair and shave your legs. I love to run about 1 cup of raw apple cider vinegar through my hair before shampooing to clarify it.
6. Give Yourself a Facial. After you’ve relaxed to your heart’s content in your bath, it’s time for a facial! Here are my steps to giving myself a facial at home:
At-Home Facial Routine
- Start by steaming your face. I can’t live without this face steamer. If you don’t have one, microwave 4-5 cups of water to just about boiling, stop your sink, pour the water in, and cover your head with a towel. Breathe and let the steam open up your pores for a few minutes!
- Afterward, exfoliate with a scrub and facial brush.
- Apply a face mask. While your mask is doing its thing, you can start prepping your nails for a manicure and pedicure.
- Spritz a cotton ball with toner and lightly wipe over your face.
- Apply a moisturizer suited to your skin type. I love using a heavier moisturizer like this one during a spa day for that extra moisture boost.
7. Nails. Finally, it’s time to do your nails! I am obsessed with Dazzle Dry’s nail polish system. Dazzle Dry polishes are all-natural, each layer dries in 30 seconds, they last two solid weeks, and they come off with normal polish remover. Mind. Blown.
8. Wrap up. End your spa day with another meditation or a quick yoga flow. You’ll likely be feeling blissful and renewed!
I love how an easy at-home spa day can make me feel like a new person. Do you have any favorite rituals for your spa days at home? Share them with us in the comments!